5 Ways to Save on Shipping for your Business
To save on shipping for your business, getting access to the best courier rates is the first place to start. But did you know, that in addition to cheap courier rates, there are other factors to consider when looking to save money on shipping? Here are five helpful money-saver strategies to help you make the most of your shipping dollar:
- Compare Courier Rates: Shipping rates differ from courier to courier; spend the time to compare courier rates and services. FlagShip’s online shipping system makes the process of comparing courier rates super simple – instantly compare brand-name courier rates, all on one screen.
- Insurance Rates: Not all insurance programs for your shipment are created equally. Typically shipments valued less than $100.00 CAD are insured by most couriers where the couriers maximum liability for uninsured package(s) is $100.00 CAD. However, when shipping items valued higher than $100.00 CAD, small business owners should consider purchasing additional insurance for their shipment. Read more about FlagShip’s shipping insurance and our top answered shipping insurance questions.
- Ordering Shipping Supplies: Don’t waste your time ordering shipping supplies. Leave that to your shipping vendor. At FlagShip, you can order all the shipping supplies you need from your courier of choice on the FlagShip system.
- Holiday Shipping: Plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time to ship during the holidays to avoid undue stress. Check courier holiday schedules here. Also be sure to learn more holiday shipping tips to save you money!
- Don’t Delay: Expedited shipping costs more, so if you know you need to get a package somewhere by a specific date, get it shipped as soon as possible.
Use these tips to save on shipping each and every time.
Need more advice and support on maximizing your small business shipping dollar? Call us at 1-866-320-8383 or e-mail us at email@example.com.