If your business needs to send a parcel from Canada to China, you may have many questions and uncertainty as to where to start. Let FlagShip help.
How to send a parcel from Canada to China
If your business needs to send a parcel from Canada to China, you may have many questions and uncertainty as to where to start. Regardless if you are a small business sending your new products to China or sending a gift to a valued partner in China, it can be a daunting task if you don’t know what to do or where to begin.
Let FlagShip help. We’ve provided some tips and steps to follow when preparing to send a parcel from Canada to China.
Select the company you want to ship with
What couriers can you use to send a parcel from Canada to China?
- Purolator, FedEx, UPS and DHL offer reliable express delivery options from Canada to China with advanced tracking.
- They provide express delivery options to China anywhere between 2-5 days
- With FlagShip you can compare discounted international shipping rates from Purolator, FedEx, UPS and DHL, all in one place, easily print your shipping labels, and track your shipment to its destination. Plus, save up to 70% on your shipment. Learn more about shipping internationally with FlagShip.
You must report your goods
Under the Canadian Customs act, all exported goods must be reported to control restricted products, retrieve important information on exported Canadian exports and to control the outbound movement of exported goods and products.
Documentation you need
To clear your goods through customs you will need a commercial invoice/customs declaration form.
With FlagShip’s online shipping system, after you have put in your shipping information, selected the courier rate and service that suits your needs best, you will be required to fill in an online commercial invoice that details the following:
- Full contact information of the shipper
- Full contact information of the consignee/person/company contact receiving parcel
- Detailed description of the content; including appropriate product classification codes
- The country of origin (where was it manufactured)
- The individual value for each separate item in the parcel
- The reason for export (i.e.: samples etc.)
- Note: ensure there are no restrictions on the goods you are exporting
TIP: An advantage of using the FlagShip online shipping system for international shipments is that you can input information required for your commercial invoice right on our system, and then you can print it off for use. Saving you time and providing the convenience of step-by-step directions on the information required.
Once you have properly packaged your goods, selected the courier, the service and prepared your customs paperwork – you are good to go!
Other useful links to help you send a parcel from Canada to China
- CBSA (Canadian Border services Agency)
- To get the Canadian Export Classification eight-digit number go to the Canadian Export Classification on Statistics Canada’s
- To get the ten-digit Tariff Classification Number please consult the Customs Tariff non the CBSA web link
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our customer service team at 1-866-320-8383 or at email@example.com.