Insurance Tips for Shipments Valued over $100
If you ship items that are valued higher than $100, insurance is a consideration when selecting a shipping company. Whether you are shipping fine art, digital equipment or glassware, having full coverage for damages or loss of goods is essential to the profitability of your business.
You can’t control what happens to your goods once they leave your office, however, you can control who you trust to ship them. Here are things to consider when selecting a shipping company and evaluating their insurance program:
- Price: Compare rates for shipping and for the additional insurance coverage you require. Insurance rates for items valued over $100 can go all the way up to extreme prices of over $2.50/$100 of insurance purchased. Just like our courier rates, at FlagShip our insurance program rates are the lowest in the industry with a rate of $1.25/$100*.
- Claims: The only thing worse than dealing with a damaged or lost shipment is the painful claim process that follows. With FlagShip, simply contact one of our customer service representatives and they will be happy to help you with the entire claims process, making it an easy and hassle-free experience.
- Terms of Agreement: Not every shipment is created equally. Make sure to read the fine print and what category of goods the shipper’s insurance program covers.
- Have Proper Packing Materials: Proper packaging is important to ensure that your shipments arrive on time and in excellent condition. Here are our 5 tips to pack like an expert.
For more information on Flagship’s discount shipping and courier insurance program, please contact one of our customer service representatives at 1-866-320-8383 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* There is a minimum charge of $4.95 for insurance.