Discounted Shipping Rates for Import Shipments
Did you know that discount shipping rates apply to shipments originating outside of Canada as well? You can initiate import shipments from any point of origin for import into Canada with just a few clicks using FlagShip’s online shipping system.
Whether you are importing an envelope, a small parcel or a multi-piece shipment, you’ll always get our discounted courier rates, seamless online shipping experience and superior customer service. We make it easy for you to ship anywhere in the world.
Don’t have a FlagShip account? Create a free, no obligation account in seconds to generate an instant quote or start shipping right away!
How to process an import shipment with FlagShip
For FlagShip customers, processing international import shipments are easy! Login to your FlagShip account and go to the ‘new shipment’ screen. In the ‘Shipper’ section choose the country that you want to ship to.
The next step is to complete the rest of the address information. Any shipment entering Canada requires export documents. To create a commercial invoice on the FlagShip online shipping system, the following information is needed:
- Who will pay the duties/taxes
- The reason for export
- A detailed description of the product
- The value (in Canada or U.S. dollars)
- The country of origin
- The HS code. If you do not have the HS code for the product, this can be left blank and the broker will find the correct code for you.
- Please contact FlagShip customer support for more information on the commercial invoice (1-866-320-8383).
- If you do not have your own customs broker, then UPS or FedEx will be able to clear the package. If you are shipping by air, the charge for this is included in the price of the shipment. If you are shipping ground, then the brokerage fees will be billed to your account. Check out our blog post on customs broker for more information on brokerage services.
- The customer service team at FlagShip spends their day helping customers with their import and export shipping. Our team has gathered a list of helpful tips relating to processing an import and export shipments – read now.