4 Courier Insurance Tips For Your Small Business
We always say that you can’t control what happens to your goods once they leave your office but you CAN control who you trust to ship them. Navigating through insurance fine prints on top of so many other considerations when shipping your high-value or fragile product can be stressful. Here are our 4 tips on choosing the right courier insurance for your small business shipping:
- Price: Make sure to compare shipping rates and the additional insurance coverage. Courier insurance rates for goods valued over $100 can get expensive so it is best to compare beforehand. At FlagShip, just like our shipping rates, our courier insurance rates are one of the lowest in the industry at $1.25/$100*.
- Claims: Look into your courier’s claims process because there is nothing worst than a damaged or lost shipment than the never-ending claims process that follows. With FlagShip, simply contact our customer service team and we will take care of the entire claims process – regardless of which courier you use!
- Terms of Agreement: Make sure to read the fine print of what kind of goods can be insured with the courier insurance program. You don’t want to be insuring your glass vase shipment if the courier does not insure glass products. For a copy of FlagShip’s terms and conditions, click here.
- Proper Packing Materials: Did you know that UPS, Purolator, FedEx, DHL, Canpar and Dicom offer FREE packaging material? If you have a FlagShip account, you can either order the supplies in your account or call us to order more. If you’re not sure about your product’s packaging, don’t hesitate to contact us! We can always offer our tips to pack like an expert to make shipping your fragile items stress-free.
* There is a minimum charge of $4.95 for insurance.