Package Pick Up Done Successfully
A package pick up can automatically be scheduled through the FlagShip online shipping system when a new shipment is created. To ensure that your package is picked up by the courier – it is ideal to give the longest opening time possible. The best option for a package pick up is 9am -5pm but if that is not possible, please note the following:
- Canpar pick-ups are always next day, and the time frame defaults to 8am – 5pm.
- FedEx Ground pick-ups are next day only and the time frame defaults to 8am – 6pm.
- Dicom should be same day if you have pickup confirmation but it may only be picked up the next day.
Here are a few tips on getting your package picked-up successfully!
- In general drivers have a specific route that they follow, they deliver their packages in the morning and pick-up in the afternoon. If a driver drops something off at your location, they may not be the same driver scheduled to pick-up. In addition, pick-ups scheduled for the morning only may not be respected.
- FedEx is the only company that separates its ground and express services. If you have a ground package, make sure it is given only to a FedEx ground driver and that an express driver takes your express packages.
- If you are in a more remote location the driver may only be passing by once during the day. As a result, the courier may not be able to respect the pick-up time that you requested. As well, in a remote location, the pick-up request will have to be entered in the system before a specific time or it will not be same day.
- It is very important to make sure that you have a pick-up confirmation number after confirming your shipment. The pick-up may fail for any of the reasons listed above. It is fails, you may have to change the pick-up window or date before successfully completing the request.
- Pick-ups are not guaranteed. If for any reason the driver cannot pick up your package on the day requested there is no adjustment in the charge.
If you have scheduled a shipment in FlagShip’s online shipping system, created a shipping label and then received a message stating that the pick-up attempt failed? If so, don’t worry – this can be easily resolved. Read what your options are – click here.