5 Tips to Pack Like An Expert
We’d like to share some more tips on how you can pack like an expert! Proper packaging is important to ensure that your shipments arrive on time and in excellent condition.
1. Choosing the right box: If possible, always use a new box. If you must re-use a box, make sure that it is in strong enough condition with no punctures, tears, rips, or corner damages. Also make sure to remove any labels and any past shipment markings from the used box.
Extra tip: Using packing tape, remember to make the shape of an “H” when sealing the flaps to close it tight.
2. Cushioning and protecting your goods: Cushioning your goods properly will prevent them from moving within the box, limiting the chance of any damage. Ideally, each item should be wrapped by at least two to three inches of cushioning and placed at least two inches away from the walls of the box. If you can feel or hear the contents of your box moving, you don’t have enough cushioning!
Extra tip: If you are shipping fragile items, use two boxes. Place your box within a second larger box with another layer of cushioning. This extra padding provides extra protection for your items.
Extra tip: If your item has a hollow side (ex. vase), fill in the space to protect the item. You can use materials like bubble wrap or packing peanuts for that extra protection.
3. Do not gift wrap your box: Gift wrapping your box adds a nice touch. However, it can get caught in the courier sorting machines. Don’t ruin your efforts and keep the wrappings inside the box.
4. Pack in the address: Always place an extra shipping label or a letterhead with the shipper and recipient’s address information inside the box. Accidents happen where shipping labels and paperwork can get lost from pouches or ruined by the weather.
5. When in doubt, call us: If you are worried about your items being too fragile or oddly shaped and sized, please do not hesitate to contact us! In addition, one of the benefits of being a client of FlagShip is that we will order all your courier supplies for you free of charge.